[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sat May 23 19:44:59 JST 2020

#40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

  Open Date: 2020-05-23 18:07
Last Update: 2020-05-23 19:44

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40438
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40438

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

well, I am novice here & in TICKETS :).

1. >>You don't have the authority to assign priority.

this was offered by page, so I thought, I must.

2. >>You don't have the authority to assign it to me

I assigned to you, as in TAR archive "libmingwex-5.3.1-mingw32-dll-2.tar.xz"
you are mentioned as "user" & "group".

3. >> Why should I take your word for it, anyway?

Why NOT?! if one talks about "importing self procedure" & "absence in exports",
probably that one has some knowledge.

4. >>You don't offer a test case.

IF DLL is improper, so it should happen generally, as windows loader will not
load DLL & terminate process on stage of initialization. hm.. as novice tried
to compile "omp_hello" as suggested "https://www.math.ucla.edu/~wotaoyin/
windows_coding.html"; compiler command: "gcc -fopenmp omp_hello.c -o omp_hello"

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: rosasmje
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: (None)
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

libmingwex-5.3.1 is BUGGY! it imports from self procedure
"__emutls_get_address", while not exporting it. thus any linked app would not
start. changed to --static also submitted this as review. also tested Version
5.2.2, it is good; it has not any "__emutls_get_address" inside;

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net