[Mingw-users] Errors in standard include files

Back to archive index
Anton Shepelev anton****@gmail*****
Sat Jan 11 08:05:06 JST 2020

Keith Marshall to Anton Shepelev:

> > mingw-get: *** ERROR *** libgomp-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dll-1.tar: invalid manifest; no references
>
> It's been over 6 years since I last used Windows in
> earnest, but IIRC this indicates that you have a local
> installation manifest which still records
> libgomp-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dll-1 as being installed; that's
> an artefact of Earnie's ancient, and critically broken
> GCC-4.8.1 release, which you should have gotten rid of,
> long ago.
>
> There is no longer any reference for this broken release,
> in the distribution catalogue, (which causes this error,
> IIRC; although a back-reference is supposed to be
> automatically regenerated, I seem to recall that failure
> to do so is a known mingw-get defect; you may need to
> manually reinstate a suitable reference, in your local
> copy of the mingw32-gcc4.xml catalogue, or manually purge
> the manifest reference, to work around this).

I am not conversant in the architecture of the MinGW package
manager.  Is it documented?  What is a manifest reference
and where is it stored?

Anyway, the sstream errors are fixed now, and I can build
that project.  Thank you very much for help, Keith.