[Pgbigm-hackers] Release Note pg_bigm 1.1

Back to archive index

Fujii Masao masao****@gmail*****
2013年 10月 21日 (月) 21:07:53 JST

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Fujii Masao <masao****@gmail*****> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:27 PM, Beena Emerson <memis****@gmail*****>
>> wrote:

>> > Sure :-).

>> > What about adding a file release-1.1.html in the html folder?
>>
>> Seems good!
>>
>> But the file name might be debatable because we would need to write
>> the release note
>> even when we release the minor updated version. Now we use the release
>> date as the
>> identifier of minor updated version, instead of minor version number
>> like 1.0.1. So, the
>> file name of release note might need to be something like
>> release-1.1-201310xx.html.
>> Or we need to change our policy of management of minor version. Thought?
>

> There is no problem in changing the file name to release-1.1-201310xx.html.
>
> What would the links in the document look like?
>
> Release notes:
>    - Version 1.1, released on 2013-10-xx
>    - Version 1.1, released on xxxx-xx-xx
>
> The second one being a future minor release.

What about following the rule of PostgreSQL document?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release.html

That is, what about the followings?

Release notes:
   - Version 1.1, released on 2014-03-xx
   - Version 1.1, released on 2013-12-xx
   - Version 1.1, released on 2013-10-xx
   - Version 1.0, released on 2014-03-xx
   - Version 1.0, released on 2013-12-xx
   - Version 1.0, released on 2013-10-xx

The link to release note of newer version comes first.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao