[tomoyo-dev-en 110] Re: Updated website

Back to archive index

Jamie Nguyen dysco****@gmail*****
Wed Feb 2 05:34:47 JST 2011

Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> Jamie Nguyen wrote:
>> OK, I have added a language link near the top of all pages.
> Thanks. Now readers likely can find it.
>
> Maybe "Which version should I use?" section should be moved from
> about.html to download.html (like the patch in revision 4506).
>
> Also, links in download.html directly navigate to installation page whereas
> links in documentation.html navigate to parent of the installation page.
> Are you planning to add more information to documentation.html ?
> If no, I wonder why download.html and documentation.html need to be separated.

Yes I agree that information could be better organized here. I have
moved most information to documentation.html.en instead. The two pages
("Download" and "Documentation") could probably be combined, but I
like having both "Download" and "Documentation" links as they are
usually the first two things (as well as "About") I would look for on
a website about software. In other software, people can usually
download and use without reading anything. In our case, there is
little hope for users who download without reading the docs, so we
want everyone to read through the docs. Thus, I think current
situation (in rev 4507) works well.

Also, regarding the sourceforge.jp logo at the bottom of each page, I
notice that the image is downloaded from the sourceforge website. Can
we change this to having the image on our server instead? Or does
sourceforge.jp collect some kind of statistics from this?