[macemacsjp-english 51] Re: .emacs and site-start.el

Back to archive index

Jay Cotton jay****@fleei*****
Mon Apr 18 03:31:07 JST 2005

Here is how I tested this. In my site-start.el file, I placed at the
end of it: (insert "Finishing Site-Start\n\n"). This should insert the
string into the contents of the *scratch* buffer (that is how it works
on my system). Then, in my .emacs file, I put, at the end of it,
(insert "Finishing .emacs\n\n"), which also inserts the string argument
into the *scratch* buffer. When I start emacs, it produces this for my
*scratch* buffer:

finishing .emacs

finishing site-start.el

I am not an emacs expert, but this seemed like an ok test. Is it
possible that the buffer insertions could be output in a different
order? (I don't know.)

The first time I noticed this was when I first tried the distribution
and it overwrote my font size. As the program loaded, I could watch the
default font change to my preference, stay there for a few seconds, and
then it would change to a larger size. Then, I would run my .emacs file
manually and the font would go back to my preferred size and stay
there.

Today I was having a different problem: my customized css-mode.el file,
which I keep in my lisp directory and adjust frequently, was not

Thanks for your help. Overall this seems to be a very good mac emacs
pkg.

Jay