[macemacsjp-english 53] Re: .emacs and site-start.el

Back to archive index

Jay Cotton jay****@fleei*****
Tue Apr 19 00:39:54 JST 2005

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried your method (using 'message instead
of 'insert). This time the messages appeared in the proper order:

finishing site-start.el
finishing .emacs

Very interesting. I agree that the message function seems like a much
better choice for observing the order that things happened.

I am curious about your comment:

> Since Carbon Emacs's frame-related settings are possibly evaluated in
> the later stage of startup, be sure to override the above two settings.

It would be nice if there was a way to say something in the .emacs file
to the effect of: evaluate this expression *last*, after everything
else has happened to get this system up and running. I'll look in my
elisp manual and try to learn more about the startup process.

Jay