[macemacsjp-english 163] Re: Installing new aspell dictionaries for Carbon Emacs Package

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Thu Aug 18 22:51:19 JST 2005

Hi,

On 2005/08/18, at 2:45, David Reitter wrote:

>>     Auto-install-feature is already provided, although I have not  yet
>> provided documents. Please examine "Help > Carbon Emacs Package  >
>> Net-Install" menu in the menu bar and the relevant files such as:
>
> we have a simple plugin interface in place in Aquamacs and it might
> make sense to coordinate things a little, either the Netinstall
> option or with binary .pkg packages.
> Does this Netinstall work with binaries?

Since I don't know AquaMacs' plugin and so I am not sure... but my
Netinstall is very simple. As described around '(defun
carbon-emacs-package-netinstall' in
http://macemacsjp.sourceforge.jp/package/20050807/GPL/site-start.el,
Emacs downloads the tgz file into the temporary directory, expands it,
and then invokes the make command in the following way.

	make PACKAGE_PREFIX='/somewhere/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources'

One thing we have to consider is that the make command is installed
with Developer Tools. In other words, the Netinstall requires Developer
Tools.

By the way, I will not be responsible to emails for a while. I'll be
back in September. The next binary release will come in late-September.

-- Seiji