[macemacsjp-english 166] Re: Installing new aspell dictionaries for Carbon Emacs Package

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Tue Aug 23 00:33:42 JST 2005

Hi,

Sorry for my slow response.

On 2005/08/19, at 2:53, Peter Heslin wrote:

> On a slightly different topic, it seems that Carbon Emacs Package
> includes emacs-w3m, but does no include the w3m binary.  Is there a
> reason that is so?

Yes, I think, including so many unix programs is out of the scope of
my Emacs distribution. The w3m program should be distributed as a
part of unix program packages (such as Fink, DarwinPorts) or an
independent installer for Mac OSX.
I have exceptionally included the aspell, because it is extensively
used by Emacs users and because non-Emacs users rarely use it.

On 2005/08/19, at 22:35, Prof. Dr. Doeringer (FB Informatik) wrote:
> I am getting a "wrong checksum" message when trying to unpack
> EmacsCVS-Tiger-20050807.dmg
> Am I doing anything wrong?

Please check if your have successfully downloaded the file. The exact
file size is 41637026 bytes. As presented in the web page, its SHA-1
checksum is 9bd225b82d17c7892b24ad50bb63231cc1d25416. You can obtain
the SHA1 checksum by typing the following command.

$ openssl sha1 EmacsCVS-Tiger-20050807.dmg

Sincerely,

Seiji Zenitani
zenit****@mac*****