[macemacsjp-english 172] Re: mac-preview-mode

Back to archive index

David Reitter david****@gmail*****
Fri Aug 26 18:06:26 JST 2005

On 26 Aug 2005, at 02:49, Takashi Hiromatsu wrote:

>>  Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. Error message below. I guess my
>> GS installation is insufficient.
>> I wonder why nobody will come up with a version that outputs PS, but
>> doesn't use all the PS standard fonts but only those that OS X is
>> happy with. Then we could just use Preview.app to convert the files,
>> and that'll be it. Seems easy enough to me for someone who knows
>> Postscript Printing in Emacs (i.e. not me).
>>
> Could you try this?
> http://www2.kumagaku.ac.jp/teacher/herogw/archive/gplgs041101.dmg

Thanks, this works like a charm.

My problem is, however, that I can hardly point people to a 9MB
install (that needs admin rights) for printing. Wouldn't it be
possible to get ps-print to output PS files compatible with OS X, so
one can simply use Preview.app to do the conversion?

 From the docs:

;; ps-print allows a remap of face to another one that it is better
to print,
;; for example, the face font-lock-comment-face (if you are using
font-lock)
;; could have bold or italic attribute when printing, besides
foreground color.
;; This remap improves printing look (see How Ps-Print Maps Faces).

Provided it's just a matter of choosing good fonts, one could
manipulate ps-font-info-database, ps-font-family etc. to reflect the
options that the built-in PS>PDF conversion has to offer.

-- Dave