[macemacsjp-english 399] Re: aspell looks into wrong directory

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Sun Dec 11 08:36:13 JST 2005

Bonjour,

On 2005/12/11, at 3:42, Pierre Albarede wrote:

> another aspell bug
>
> EmacsCVS-Panther-2005-09-27
> No customization, no .emacs.
> Mac OS X.3.9
>
> Ordinateur-de-alba% which aspell
> /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/aspell
>
> Ordinateur-de-alba% aspell
> dyld: aspell can't open library:
> /Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libaspell.15.dylib
> (No
> such file or directory, errno = 2)
> zsh: trace trap  aspell
>
> aspell looks into the installation disk image (not mounted).
> If I mount it, then aspell works.

First, try a recent build for Panther, compiled by Honjoh-san: http://
irodori.sakura.ne.jp/carbon-emacs/index.en.xhtml.

Second, the built-in aspell runs when environment variables
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and ASPELL_CONF are properly set by Emacs.app/
Contents/Resources/site-start.d/carbon-emacs-builtin-aspell.el. If
you try to debug in the terminal, set these environment variables
manually. I intentionally choose this way in order to make Emacs.app
"relocatable". The Emacs.app can be located anywhere the user would
like; not always /Applications/Emacs.app, but sometimes ~/Desktop/
Emacs.app and sometimes /Applications/EmacsJCVS.app.

best wishes,

-- Seiji