[macemacsjp-english 404] Re: anti-aliasing problem still exists in the Dec '05 version

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Sun Dec 11 20:07:01 JST 2005

Am 11.12.2005 um 11:35 schrieb Seiji Zenitani:

> Check if you use in-sync-version of fixed-width-fontset.el.
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.jp/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/macemacsjp/fixed-width-
> fontset/

The new Elisp file uses the same version number and date! So I had to
use compare-windows to find the difference. It works now.

>>> Did it work on the last November release?
>>
>> You can ask clever questions! It already did not work in the November
>> release.
>
> Perhaps you mean the well-known problem of Option(alt) + n{i,e,o,u
> etc.} keys. At present, it does not work when mac-key-mode is on,
> while it works when mac-key-mode is off. The situation may be better
> after I will switch to the more recent CVS code which includes key-
> modifier-patch.

For this reason I have mac-key-mode switched off. It works to type
'alt-n n' to get ñ, but C-h k alt-n does not tell the right answer.
Because it's a dead key? Toggling mac-key-mode on and off again does
not re-stablish the old off situation! The alt or option key stays
Meta.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

"engineer: a mechanism for converting caffeine into designs"