[macemacsjp-english 257] command + option+o (hide others in tiger) signals error

Back to archive index

Jesse Alama alama****@stanf*****
Sat Oct 8 13:22:50 JST 2005

I have just downloaded the CarbonEmacs package.  First of all, let me
offer my thanks and congratulations for such a fine emacs
distribution.

While using Emacs I like to focus my attention on only it.  Thus I
like to use the Mac OS X command "Hide Others" to hide all windows
from all programs different from Emacs.  This command is by default
bound to the key sequence cmd-option-o.  (This is true for Tiger, but
I think it may not be true for other versions of Mac OS X.)
Unfortunately, when I hit this key sequence within Carbon Emacs I get
the error "A-M-o is undefined".  This is when I have loaded mac-keys.
If mac-keys is not loaded, the result is not an error but nonetheless
the "Hide Others" action is not executed.

It would be nice if somehow the key sequence A-M-o, when mac-keys is
loaded, executes the Mac OS X "Hide Others" command.  How would you
recommend I address this issue?

Thanks,

Jesse

--