[macemacsjp-english 611] Re: wrong case sensitive replace

Back to archive index

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dybal****@Web*****
Fri Jul 7 18:03:19 JST 2006

Am 07.07.2006 um 10:21 schrieb Pierre Albarede:

> I think it is a bug, isn't it ?

No, it's case-insensitiveness:

	Matching is independent of case if `case-fold-search' is non-nil and
	FROM-STRING has no uppercase letters.  Replacement transfers the case
	pattern of the old text to the new text, if `case-replace' and
	`case-fold-search' are non-nil and FROM-STRING has no uppercase
	letters.  (Transferring the case pattern means that if the old text
	matched is all caps, or capitalized, then its replacement is upcased
	or capitalized.)

	You can customize these variables.

Could be it's a new feature in the recent GNU Emacs 22 code to do
this capitalising in all occurrences, even those where it seems
inappropriate. I think the behaviour looks at least suspicious.

I wouldn't mind sending a bug report (see Help menu). At least you'll
get an explanation why it's correct ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.