[macemacsjp-english 472] Re: Carbon Emacs Package (Mar. '06)

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@mac*****
Thu Mar 16 21:08:01 JST 2006

Hi,

I found that M-DEL comes from the recent expansion of pc-selection-
mode. I've turned off the expanded key-binding pollution of pc-
selection-mode, in our development code.

On 2006/03/15, at 22:45, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>>> Although hightlight-region is on, a region that I start with C-SPACE
>>> is *not* highlighted. Only the mouse activates the highlighted
>>> background.
>>
>> If you use "Mac-Style Key Binding" or mac-key-mode, pc-selection-mode
>> is turned on.
>
> I turned off mac-key-mode. Highlighting again works as in GNU Emacs.
>
>> Compare pc-selection-mode and transient-mark-mode.
>
> Pc-selection-mode sounds (and looks) like a better-not-to-have ...

Pc-selection-mode is more mac-like. When pc-selection-mode is on, the
arrow keys always deactivate the highlighted background while shift +
arrow keys always activate the highlighted background.

-- Seiji