[macemacsjp-english 652] Re: Carbon Emacs Package (Sep. '06)

Back to archive index

Ian Brandt ian****@ianbr*****
Wed Sep 6 03:17:58 JST 2006

First off thank you so much for all your efforts with these packages!

Unfortunately I'm having stability problems with the Sept. '06
package.  If I arrow around quickly Emacs seems to hang.  In fact my
entire OS X UI slows down.  Oddly enough in Activity Monitor nothing
is consuming any significant percentage of CPU, there is plenty of
memory, and no disk activity.  After a period of 30 or so seconds
Emacs will start to respond again, and OS X returns to its normal
level of responsiveness.  Emacs never lists as "Not Responding" in
Activity Monitor.  I can choose "Quit" from the context menu in the
Dock, but it doesn't have any effect (Emacs doesn't quit even after it
becomes responsive again).  If I "Force Quit" Emacs it does die, and
OS X immediately returns to it's normal level of responsiveness.  I
can find nothing in the system logs or Emacs messages buffer that
offers any clues to why it's bogging down.  This issue does not exist
with the June package.  I'm on a PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz with 1G ram.

If I can provide any further information just let me know.

Thanks,

Ian