[macemacsjp-english 144] Re: trouble installing to USB drive

Back to archive index

Matthew Weymar matth****@gmail*****
Mon Aug 1 08:29:01 JST 2005

On 7/31/05, Seiji Zenitani <zenit****@tkg*****> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my late response.

Not at all! Tks so much for following up!

> I retried the below issue and my
> conclusion is that the FAT32 drive is not supported due to Mac OSX's
> problem.

I think I understand: It's a Mac OSX issue.

Q: You don't know whether this is a known issue, do you?... (I have
not yet researched this myself.)

> Several symbolic links play important roles inside the
> Emacs.app bundle but it seems that one cannot copy them by dragging
> the icon into the FAT32 USB drive. Strangely, I can copy a symbolic
> link into the USB drive by using 'cp' command in Terminal.app but I
> cannot copy it by dragging the icon into the USB drive.

Do you mean to suggest that I could 'cp' the Emacs.app to the USB drive?...

Or am I missing something here?...

(Again: On the run here, so I've not yet tried this myself.)

Again, many tks for the response,
Matthew

--
www.weymar.com