[macemacsjp-english 738] Re: Configuring Auctex and flyspell

Back to archive index

Brian J. Lopes statm****@gmail*****
Mon Nov 6 07:46:48 JST 2006

Peter Dyballa wrote:
> Am 05.11.2006 um 18:44 schrieb Brian J. Lopes:
>
>> I use this so that I have different settings for when I open in -nw
>> mode, it's more handy on my Linux installations, but does that answer
>> your question for why it's an if statement?
>
> No.
>
> I meant: *if* there's an exception, then. Usually do something
> completely different ...

Pete,

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're getting at.  In your
first response you told me that the "progn" was not necessary in the
else statement.  Yet, when I open emacs in the terminal with the progn
removed it give an error and doesn't set the background to black and
foreground to white.  What I have seems to work, if I open emacs as a
window it is light blue on dark blue, and in the terminal is white on black.

I'm sorry, I hope my ignorance is not frustrating you here.  As I said,
I have a dangerous knowledge of my .emacs file, just enough to really
screw things up.

Pura Vida,
Brian