[macemacsjp-english 756] CarbonEmacs-Tiger-20061101 uses 100% of CPU

Back to archive index

Eric Tiffany etiff****@alum*****
Tue Nov 21 04:56:57 JST 2006

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the CarbonEmacs-Tiger-20061101.dmg verETsion of
Emacs which was listed on the Apple Unix website.

I quickly noticed that this application starts using approx 100% of my cpu
as reported by Activity Monitor.

When I did a snapshot of the process in Activity Monitor, I saw that a lot
of time was being spent in markup_object (I don't have the trace anymore,
but I can reproduce later).

I installed the earlier version of CarbonEmacs (from 20060901) and it does
not exhibit this same behavior.  Both are loading my .emacs file and the
exact same external packages, so I don't think it is a problem with the
extra packages I load.  It seems like it must be a problem with either the
base emacs distribution or one (or more) of the packages that are included
in the later distribution.

ET